It’s that time of year again – the Canadian Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences (CARAS) have announced that they are now accepting submissions for the 2019 JUNO Awards. Submissions will be considered between October 1, 2018 – November 9, 2018.
Artists who would like to be considered for Canada’s top music award must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Eligible music must be available for all Canadians.
- Available for national sale or via recognized national music streaming provider.
- Work was released between Sept 1, 2017 – Nov 9, 2018.
- Must be a Canadian citizen.
- Other JUNO eligibility requirements may affect you.
When you’re ready to submit your application, head on over to the JUNO Award Submission site to complete your application. For your application you will need the following:
- .mp3 files of your single, EP, or album
- .wav files (Producer and/or Engineer only)
- Artist/Band biography (max 200 words)
- Photo of artist/band
- Photo of album artwork
- Digital booklet and/or album credits
- Contact information for: publicist, manager, and agent (if applicable)
- Contact information in the event of a nomination (best contact for nominee/ticket information)
- If submitting on behalf of a Songwriter, Producer, Recording Engineer, Art Director (Album Artwork), and Video Director (Video), you must include:
- Biography (max 200 words)
- If submitting to Songwriter, Composer, Francophone, Indigenous Music, Contemporary Christian/Gospel, you must include:
- Lyrics of each track (one file)
- If submitting on behalf of a Songwriter, Producer, Recording Engineer, Album Artwork (Art Director), and Video (Video Director), you must include:
- Permission (written email confirmation from all individuals)
- If you are the Songwriter, Composer, Producer, Recording Engineer, Art Director or Video Director you can submit a document that states “I am the …” or your scanned signature. If you are submitting on behalf of someone else, please ensure to include their scanned signature or an email from them stating they are aware you are making the submission for them.
- If submitting to Album Artwork, 12 copies of the project must be in the CARAS office by 5pm ET on deadline day, or it will be disqualified.
Good luck with your application, and we can’t WAIT to see you accepting your JUNO Award at the 2019 JUNOs.